Saturday, October 11, 2008

Senior Citizens' Drumming Session

There was a group of Senior Citizens participating in this Drumming Training Workshop, which was mainly organised by the Clementi Zone 2 RC, SCEC and the National Art Council.



Photobucket

There were about 35 Senior Citizens taking part. The final workshop will be on the 11 October 2008,held at Kallang CC. Yes! Our daddy, mummy, ah gong and ah ma are performing to the public!

So, as for the past few Saturdays, they had been practising from 1pm to 3pm conducted at Clementi CC, Seminar room. And I went down to catch their
last preparation before their performance.. and it was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!

As I was walking to the Seminar room, a few residents asked me what was held inside the room, the music was nice-hearing which attracted them to stop and listened for it. ( Just a little pity that they couldn't enter the room, so they just stood outside and listened. )



Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Everyone uses different instruments to play out the music. The coordination was just too perfect. The teacher is a very humorous person! I guess having his class is always fun! He is a non-Chinese, but he can speaks hokkien! Making the Senior Citizens laugh and laugh. I can felt that they were all enjoying themselves! ( Even I myself was enjoying too!)



Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

The teacher gave the students opporunities to take turns to led the rest. I believe this is to build up their courage facing the public and give them more confidence! Students must follow the leader's intructions to produce the same tempo using their own intruments.




Photobucket
* Hey hey aunty dont shy leh.. *


I am sure that the Senior Citizens are happy to attend this drumming workshop. They can make friends around and meanwhile learning new things!

There's a little video of their drumming session. Hope you enjoy watching! (Sorry for the poor vision! )



1 comment:

John Fitzgerald said...

I have been speaking with many people and organizations about drumming with seniors so I was very pleased to see you posting.

There are many people in the USA also doing this wonderful work.

Please feel free to contact me directly.

Be Well
John Fitgerald
Remo Inc
jfitzgerald@remo.com